8300 Form PDF - Overview
8300 Form is used for Report of Cash Payments Over $10,000 Received in a Trade or Business, Each person engaged in a trade or business who, in the course of that trade or business, receives more than $10,000 in cash in one transaction or in two or more related transactions, must file Form 8300. Any transactions conducted between a payer (or its agent) and the recipient in a 24-hour period are related transactions.
Keep a copy of each Form 8300 for 5 years from the date you file it. Clerks of federal or state courts must file 8300 form if more than $10,000 in cash is received as bail for an individual(s) charged with certain criminal offenses. For these purposes, a clerk includes the clerk’s office or any other office, department, division, branch, or unit of the court that is authorized to receive bail.
Form 8300 is a two page form, Page 1 is divided into 4 parts and for multiple parties you have to fill the sections given on the page two of your form.
Parts on the page one are given below, you have to fill the sections with the required and correct information
- Part – 1 Identity of Individual From Whom the Cash Was Received
- Part – 2 Person on Whose Behalf This Transaction Was Conducted
- Part – 3 Description of Transaction and Method of Payment
- Part – 4 Business That Received Cash
For multiple parties
- Part – 1 Continued—Complete if box 2 on page 1 is checked
- Part – 2 Continued—Complete if box 15 on page 1 is checked
General instructions, Definitions, and Special instructions are also provided in this form, read carefully all the instructions before filling the 8300 form.
W9 Form 2022