Game of Thrones PDF - Overview
A Game of Thrones is the first novel in A Song of Ice and Fire, a series of fantasy novels by American author George R. R. Martin. It was first published on August 1, 1996. The novel won the 1997 Locus Award and was nominated for both the 1997 Nebula Award and the 1997 World Fantasy Award. The novella Blood of the Dragon, comprising the Daenerys Targaryen chapters from the novel, won the 1997 Hugo Award for Best Novella.
A Game of Thrones and the subsequent novels in the A Song of Ice and Fire series have been adapted into an HBO television series, a comic book series, several card games, board games, video games, and other media. In the novel, recounting events from various points of view, Martin introduces the plot-lines of the noble houses of Westeros, the Wall, and the Targaryens.
Game of Thrones
Viewpoint characters of Game of Thrones
- Prologue: Will, a man of the Night’s Watch.
- Lord Eddard “Ned” Stark, Warden of the North and Lord of Winterfell, Hand of the King.
- Lady Catelyn Stark, of House Tully, wife of Eddard Stark.
- Sansa Stark, elder daughter of Eddard and Catelyn Stark.
- Arya Stark, younger daughter of Eddard and Catelyn Stark.
- Bran Stark, middle son of Eddard and Catelyn Stark.
- Jon Snow, illegitimate son of Eddard Stark.
- Tyrion Lannister, a dwarf, brother of the twins Queen Cersei and Jaime, son of Lord Tywin Lannister.
- Princess Daenerys Targaryen, exiled daughter of the former king Aerys and sister of Aerys’s heir Viserys.
The Houses of Game of Thrones
- House Baratheon
- House Stark
- House Lannister
- House Arryn
- House Tully
- House Tyrell
- House Greyjoy
- House Martell
- House Targaryen