How to Rent Guide PDF – Overview
How to Rent guide was introduced by the Deregulation Act 2015 (United Kingdom) and is required to be given to all new tenancies and all existing tenancies which are renewed. It is also necessary to update it when an existing tenancy where it has been served already becomes periodic and on any renewal.
How to Rent Guide is for tenants and landlords in the private rented sector to help them understand their rights and responsibilities. It provides a checklist and more detailed information on each stage of the process, including:
- What to look out for before renting
- Living in a rented home
- What happens at the end of a tenancy
- What to do if things go wrong
This guide is for people who are renting a home privately under an assured short-hold tenancy, either direct from a landlord or through a letting agency. Most of it will equally apply if you are in a shared property but in certain cases, your rights and responsibilities will vary.
How to Rent – The Checklist for Renting
- Assured Short-hold Tenancies
- Before to Start
- Is the landlord or letting agent trying to charge any fees?
- How much is the deposit?
- How long do you want the tenancy for?
- What can you afford?
- Do you have the right to rent property in the UK?
- Looking for Your New Home
- When You have found a place
- Living in your rented home
- At the end of the Fixed period
- If things go wrong
- Further Sources of Information
Checkout the complete details at the official website at https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/how-to-rent
Download How to Rent Guide PDF from assets.publishing.service.gov.uk using the direct download link given below.