If You Give a Mouse a Cookie PDF – Overview
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is a children’s book written by Laura Numeroff and illustrated by Felicia Bond, first published in 1985 by Harper and Row. Described as a “circular tale”, illustrating a slippery slope, it is Numeroff and Bond’s first collaboration in what came to be the If You Give series.
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is in high quality and in printable format, download it from the link given in bottom of the page.
If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
Plot of If You Give a Mouse a Cookie
The entire story is told in second person. A boy named Oliver gives a cookie to a mouse named Quinley. The mouse asks for a glass of milk. He then requests a straw (to drink the milk), a mirror (to avoid a milk mustache), nail scissors (to trim his hair in the mirror), and a broom (to sweep up his hair trimmings).
Next he wants to take a nap, have a story read to him, draw a picture, and hang the drawing on the refrigerator. Looking at the refrigerator makes him thirsty, so the mouse asks for a glass of milk. The circle is complete when he wants a cookie to go with it.
If You Give… series
- If You Give a Mouse a Cookie (November 1985)
- If You Give a Moose a Muffin (March 1991)
- If You Give a Pig a Pancake (February 1998)
- The Best Mouse Cookie (July 1999)
- If You Take a Mouse to the Movies (May 2000)
- If You Take a Mouse to School (September 2002)
- If You Give a Pig a Party (April 2004)
- Merry Christmas, Mouse! (August 2007)
- Time for School, Mouse! (2008)
- If You Give a Cat a Cupcake (2008)
- Happy Valentine’s Day, Mouse! (2009)
- Happy Easter, Mouse! (2010)
- If You Give a Dog a Donut (2011)
- It’s Pumpkin Day, Mouse! (2012)
- Happy Birthday, Mouse! (2012)
- If You Give a Mouse a Brownie (2016)
Download If You Give a Mouse a Cookie PDF from springcreek.provo.edu using the direct download link given below.