JCR List 2023 PDF – Overview
The annual JCR release enables the research community to evaluate the world’s high-quality academic journals using a range of indicators, descriptive data and visualizations. The reports are used extensively by academic publishers across the globe to evaluate the impact of their journals relative to their field and promote them to the research community.
Journal Citation Reports™ (JCR) provides you with the transparent, publisher-neutral data and statistics you need to make confident decisions in today’s evolving scholarly publishing landscape, whether you’re submitting your first manuscript or managing a portfolio of thousands of publications.
JCR Impact Report 2023 – Key highlights
- 2023 JCR edition includes more than 20,000 journals from 113 countries across five continents and 254 research categories in the sciences, social sciences, arts and humanities.
- More than 14,000 journals have at least one Gold Open Access publication, with more than 4,600 being fully Open Access.
- New expanded content: In total, 8,771 journals have been added to the JCR this year with the expansion of content across the full Web of Science Core Collection. The Arts & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)™ and the Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI)™ will be included in the JCR for the first time this year, accounting for over 70% more content. With this addition the JCR’s coverage of journal literature will now reflect the full breadth of research covered in all the journals in the Web of Science Core Collection.
- New Journal Citation Indicator: Developed by the Institute for Scientific Information (ISI)™ at Clarivate, this new metric represents the average category-normalized citation impact for papers published in the prior three-year period, providing a single journal-level metric that can be easily interpreted and compared across disciplines. The Journal Citation Indicator will be calculated for all journals in the Web of Science Core Collection – including those that do not have a Journal Impact Factor (JIF)™.
- New user experience : The 2023 JCR offers a revamped user interface by which the layered, rich data of the JCR can be easily and intuitively explored and visualized. New graphics improve the user experience with simpler, more direct searching while affording a deeper look into the data. The new interface is based on extensive user feedback and dual access to the new and old platforms will be available through the end of 2023.
- Early Access content: The expanded coverage in this year’s release will introduce Early Access articles, reflecting the earliest availability of new research as it appears in the ‘version of record’ prior to official publication.
JCR Impact Report 2023 key highlights can also be checked on the official website of Clarivate at this link.
You can explore more of JCR at: https://clarivate.com/webofsciencegroup/solutions/journal-citation-reports/
Download JCR List 2023 PDF from OliPDF using the direct download link given below.