List of Uncountable Nouns PDF – Overview
Nouns can be countable or uncountable. Countable nouns can be counted, e.g. an apple, two apples, three apples, etc. Uncountable nouns cannot be counted, e.g. air, rice, water, etc.
Uncountable nouns are nouns which can’t be counted. For example, information. It is not possible to say one information/ two information’s. The word “information” can’t be counted using numbers. It can never have a plural “s”. It can never have an article “a” or “an”. And it can never be quantified with any number.
Types of Uncountable Nouns
- Liquids (milk, water)
- Abstract ideas (advice, chaos, motivation)
- Powder and grain (rice, wheat, sand)
- Mass nouns (furniture, hair, transportation)
- Natural phenomena (sunshine, snow, rain, weather)
- States of being (sleep, stress, childhood)
- Feelings (anger, happiness, enthusiasm, courage)
- Gas (oxygen, air)
List of Uncountable Nouns
- Cheese (both)
- Childhood (both)
- Coffee (both)
- Currency (both)
- Danger (both)
Download List of Uncountable Nouns PDF from OliPDF using the direct download link given below.