Liturgical Calendar 2022 / General Roman Calendar PDF - Overview
Liturgical Calendar 2022 / General Roman Calendar with all the information about the liturgical year, also known as the church year or Christian year, as well as the calendar, consists of the cycle of liturgical seasons in Christian churches that determines when feast days, including celebrations of saints, are to be observed, and which portions of Scripture are to be read either in an annual cycle or in a cycle of several years.
In a liturgical calendar, distinct liturgical colours may be used in connection with different seasons of the liturgical year. The dates of the festivals vary somewhat among the different churches, although the sequence and logic is largely the same.
Liturgical Calendar 2022 / General Roman Calendar
Here is a table which determine the types of colors used in the Liturgical Calendar 2022 / General Roman Calendar
Liturgical Colors are the traditional colors of the church season.
- White (where dates appear on a white background) stands for light and the festivals of Christ.
- Purple is for royalty, repentance, and suffering.
- Red represents the Pentecostal fire of the Holy Spirit, the blood of Christ, and the blood of the Martyrs.
- Green is used for days which have no special season and signifies growth.
- Black represents Daily mass for the dead