N 400 Form PDF - Overview
N 400 Form is used to apply for Naturalization, Naturalization is the process to become a U.S. citizen if you were born outside of the United States. If you meet certain requirements, you may become a U.S. citizen either at birth or after birth. Use this form to apply for U.S. citizenship.
General Eligibility Requirements for N 400 Form
You may apply for naturalization when you meet all the requirements to become a U.S. citizen. General eligibility requirements are the following
- You are at least 18 years of age at the time of filing (except active duty members of the U.S. Armed Forces)
- You are a permanent resident of the United States for a required period of time
- You have lived within the state or USCIS district where you claim residence for at least 3 months prior to filing
- You have demonstrated physical presence within the United States for a required period of time
- You have demonstrated continuous residence for a required period of time
- You demonstrate good moral character
- You demonstrate an attachment to the principles and ideals of the U.S. Constitution
- You demonstrate a basic knowledge of U.S. history and government (also known as “civics”) as well as an ability to read, write, speak and understand basic English
- You take an Oath of Allegiance to the United States. Some applicants may be eligible for a modified oath
N 400 Form
You can fill the form online and then takeout its printout, You have to follow the steps and fill the correct information in the given blanks spaces which are related to the specific question. Print the Form in Black ink
Who Should Not File Form N-400
You should not file this form if –
- You have not met the eligibility requirements for naturalization based on your filing category.
- You have acquired or derived U.S. citizenship through one or both of your parents or are eligible for citizenship under Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) 322.
- Application for Certificate of Citizenship, and Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322.
For all the information how to fill and requirement of N 400 form, check out the instructions.Download N 400 Form PDF from www.uscis.gov using the direct download link given below.