National Insurance Number Form PDF - Overview
Every citizen of UK has a National Insurance number to make sure that their National Insurance contributions and tax are recorded against same name only. National Insurance Number is made up of letters and numbers and never changes.
If you don’t know it, you can find your National Insurance number on your payslip, on your P60, on letters about your tax, pension or benefits or in the National Insurance section of your personal tax account.
Use of National Insurance Number Form
You can use this form for the following purposes.
- Request written confirmation of your National Insurance
- Have a NINO and need us to confirm it in writing because you number (NINO) and/or have been unable to request it by phone.
- Tell them about a change to your personal details
Your National Insurance Number Form
Written confirmation of your NINO
If you need written confirmation of your NINO you don’t have to fill in this form to get this information from us. You can, if you want, phone our National Insurance Registrations Helpline on 0845 915 7006 and they will arrange to send confirmation to you. If you live outside the UK, phone +44 191 203 7010.
When to complete this National Insurance Number Form
Complete this form if you
- Have a NINO and need us to confirm it in writing because you have been unable to request it by phone.
- Have recently received notification of your NINO and need to update your personal details.
- Have been told to by an advisor on one of the National Insurance Helplines.
When not to complete this form
Do not complete this form if you
- Have never had a NINO before and are under age 20.
- Have never had a NINO before and are over age 20.
- Want a letter in Welsh confirming your NINO,
Simple steps for filling the form – Your National Insurance Number
- Firstly you have to fill the information about yourself which is asked in the form.
- Your address details
- Marriage or civil partnership details
What you need to do now
Check that you have:
- Completed all of the questions that apply to you
- Signed the declaration
- Taken a copy of your completed form for your records.
Visit here for more information about this national insurance number form.
Apply Online for National Insurance Number
You can apply for a National Insurance number if you live in the UK and have the right to work. You can apply online at this link for national insurance number in UK. It can take up to 8 weeks for you to get your National Insurance number after you have proven your identity.Download National Insurance Number Form PDF from assets.publishing.service.gov.uk using the direct download link given below.