P85 Form PDF - Overview
P85 Form form – A P85 is a form that you need to send to HMRC if you’re a taxpayer in the UK and plan to move abroad. The P85 form asks questions about your income, tax and residency status so that your tax record can be updated. You can submit a P85 to HMRC online using the Government Gateway or by post.
About this P85 Form
Use this form to claim tax relief or a repayment of tax if:
- You have lived or worked in the UK
- You are leaving the UK, and you
- May not be coming back or,
- Are going to work abroad full-time for at least a complete tax year.
Do not fill this form in if:
- You normally live in the UK and are going abroad for short periods, for example on holiday or a business trip.
- You have completed, or are required to complete a Self Assessment tax return for the tax year that you leave. A tax year is 6 April one year to 5 April the next.
What you will need to help you fill in this form
- Your form(s) P45 Details of employee leaving work if you have one, (your employer or your Job Centre gives you this form when you stop working or when you stop claiming Job Seekers Allowance).
- You should refer to the Guidance Note: Statutory Residence Test, particularly for the definitions of the following terms as they are used in the form:
- Full-time work.
You can fill the form by filling the Required information in the given spaces –
- About you
- Income you get from the UK after you leave
- Your employment
- How you want to be paid any money we owe you