Residential Tenancy Agreement Form PDF - Overview
Residential Tenancy Agreement is used as a contract between a landlord that rents property to a tenant for monthly payment. After both the landlord and tenant sign the agreement, it becomes legally binding until its end date.
You can either fill the residential tenancy agreement form PDF after printing or before printing as this a a fillable PDF form.
How To Use Residential Tenancy Agreement
- This is a legally binding contract.
- All tenancy agreements must be in writing. A separate form of tenancy agreement for use for a Boarding House
- This agreement must be completed in full and signed by the tenant and landlord.
- The landlord must provide the tenant with a copy of this agreement prior to the commencement of the tenancy.
- If the property is a Unit Titles property, a copy of the most recent Body Corporate rules must be attached to
- The rights and obligations set out in the Residential Tenancies Act 1986 are implied in every residential tenancy
- No terms or conditions added to this agreement are valid if they are contrary to the Residential Tenancies Act 1986.
- Landlords must include a signed statement with any new tenancy agreement that covers what insulation a property has in the ceilings, floors and walls, including where it is, what type and what condition.
- From 1 December 2020, most new or renewed tenancy agreements must also include specific information about the landlord’s current level of compliance with the healthy homes standards.
- Landlords must also provide a statement to confirm they will comply, or already do comply, with the healthy
- Landlords must include a statement about whether the property is insured, and if so, what the excess is. They must also include a statement informing the tenant that a copy of their insurance policy is available on request.
- All rental properties must meet the requirements in regulations regarding insulation and smoke alarms.
- Before signing this agreement all parties should carefully read it and seek information from Tenancy Services if
they are unclear about what they are agreeing to.
- The parties must record their full names correctly.
- If a bond is paid, a Bond Lodgement Form must also be completed.
- Bonds must be lodged with Tenancy Services within 23 working days of being paid. This can be done online.
Parties to tenancy agreements are subject to the provisions of the Privacy Act 2020.
- Letting fees can’t be charged to tenants.
Residential Tenancy Agreement
These are the following steps which are filled in Residential Tenancy Agreement.
- First of all Details of Landlord are filled
- Details of Tenant
- Tenancy Details
- The landlord and tenant agree that
- Insurance Statement
Topic covered in the Residential Tenancy Agreement Form are given below
- Contact details
- Landlord’s responsibilities
- Tenant’s responsibilities
- Rights of entry
- Subletting and assignment
- Making changes to the property
- Installation of fibre internet connection
- Healthy Homes Standards
- Notice to terminate tenancy
- Termination by Tribunal
- Mitigation of loss
- Unit Title Property