SA1 Form PDF – Overview
SA1 Form for Registering for Self Assessment Tax Returns
An SA1 form is a document that registers a person for self assessment tax returns. It’s used by people who aren’t self-employed, but need to register for other reasons
Do you need to complete a tax return?
There are a number of reasons why you may have to complete a tax return for the first time. For example, if you:
- Become a company director
- Start to get income from land and property in the UK
- Have taxable foreign income of more than £300
- Sell shares, property or other assets liable to Capital Gains Tax
- Have annual income of £100,000 or more
- Get untaxed income which cannot be collected through your Paye code.
If you are self-employed
If you are now self-employed you cannot use this form to register. Instead, please complete and return form CWF1 Registering for Self Assessment and National Insurance contributions if you are a self-employed sole trader.
SA1 Form Registering for Self Assessment tax returns
Detail You have to fill on page 1 of SA1 Form Registering For Self Assessment tax returns
You have to fill the following information about Yourself, and use capital letters to fill the boxes.
- Title – enter MR, MRS, MISS, MS, or other title
- Surname or family name
- First name(s)
- Previous surname if applicable
- Date of name change DD MM YYYY
- Your National Insurance number (NINO)
You must get a NINO before you can register for Self Assessment. To apply for a NINO you should attend an Evidence of Identity interview at a Jobcentre Plus or Social Security office.
- Your date of birth DD MM YYYY
- Your address
- Your daytime contact phone number
Details on Page 2 of SA1 Form Registering For Self Assessment tax returns
Why do you need to complete a tax return
- You became a company director on
- You have been getting income from land and property in the UK
- You have been getting taxable foreign income in excess of £300 a year
- You receive annual income from a trust or settlement
- Your annual income will exceed £100,000
- You have been getting untaxed income that cannot be collected through my PAYE tax code
- You have Capital Gains Tax to pay
- Any other reason give details below
- What date does this apply from? DD MM YYYY
You must sign and date the declaration.
- The information you have given on this form is complete and correct to the best of your knowledge and belief.
- You will tell HM Revenue and Customs straightaway if your circumstances or plans change in a way that affects the answers you have given on this form.
After completing the Form send it to:
Central Agent Authorisation Team, National Insurance Contributions Office, Benton Park View, Newcastle upon Tyne NE98 1ZZ
Download SA1 Form PDF from www.taxinnovations.com using the direct download link given below.