Saint Augustine Confessions PDF – Overview
Saint Augustine Confessions in high quality, Confessions is an autobiographical work by Saint Augustine, consisting of 13 books written in Latin between AD 397 and 400. The work outlines Saint Augustine’s sinful youth and his conversion to Christianity. Modern English translations of it are sometimes published under the title The Confessions of Saint Augustine in order to distinguish the book from other books with similar titles.
Its original title was Confessions in Thirteen Books, and it was composed to be read out loud with each book being a complete unit. Confessions is generally considered one of Augustine’s most important texts. It is widely seen as the first Western Christian autobiography ever written, and was an influential model for Christian writers throughout the Middle Ages.
Saint Augustine Confessions
Contents of Saint Augustine Confessions
- Bibliographical Note
- The Confessions
- Book I: Early Years
- Book II: Adolescence
- Book III: Student at Carthage
- Book IV: Manichee and Astrologer
- Book V: Carthage, Rome, and Milan
- Book VII: A Neoplatonic Quest
- Book VIII : The Birthpangs of Conversion
- Book IX: Cassiciacum: to Monica‘s death
- Book X: Memory
- Book XI: Time and Eternity
- Book XII: Platonic and Christian Creation
- Book XIII : Finding the Church in Genesis
Download Saint Augustine Confessions PDF from pzgbhbxpf9.pdcdn1.top using the direct download link given below.