SC3 Form 2022 PDF - Overview
SC3 form also known as Statutory Paternity Pay and Leave Form is used when you are an employee and wants to take time off work to support the mother of a baby or look after the baby. Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP) – at least part of your wages will be paid for two weeks. You will get the weekly rate of SPP current at the time of your paternity leave, or 90% of your average weekly earnings, whichever is less.
This SC3 form is for employers to use to record details of their employee’s Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP).
You’ll need to fill in the form fully before you can print it. You can’t save a partly completed form so it is suggested that you gather all your information together before you begin to fill it in.
Fill SC3 Form Online and Take a Printout
You can also fill the SC3 form online by visiting the official website of UK Govt at this link.
You need to click the “Statutory Paternity Pay and Leave: becoming a birth parent (SC3)” link under the documents section in order to open the form and complete it step by step.
Fill SC3 Form Online – Procedure
This form is designed to be filled in on screen. You must answer all the questions except those marked ‘optional’. You can’t save the form but once you’ve completed it you’ll be able to print a copy and post it.
SC3 Form – Eligibility / Terms & Conditions
There are certain eligibility criterion you need to know before filling SC3 form and need to fulfill before you can take the Statutory Paternity Pay and Leave benefits.
You’ll only qualify for SPP if you’re an employee and you’ll normally receive the SPP in the week or weeks that you’re on paternity leave.
- Statutory Paternity Pay (SPP) and paternity leave are available to:
- the child’s biological father
- the mother’s spouse, civil partner or a partner (including same sex partners) who lives with the mother and child in an enduring family relationship
- You must be able to declare that:
- you’re the child’s biological father or the mother’s spouse, civil partner or partner (including same sex partners) who lives with the mother and child in an enduring family relationship
- you’ll be responsible for caring for the child
- you’ll take time off work to support the mother and/or care for the child
- You must be continuously employed by the same employer for at least 26 weeks by the qualifying week (the end of the 15th week before the week the baby is due. If you’re not sure when this is your employer can confirm the date for you). You must then continue to be employed by the same employer until the date the baby is born.
- To get SPP you must earn at least the lower earnings limit in an 8 week test period – your employer will work this out for you.
- You cannot start your paternity leave before the child is born. You can choose to take one or two whole weeks of SPP and paternity leave, but not 2 separate weeks. The weeks of pay and leave must be taken in the first 8 weeks following the child’s birth. If the baby is born early you can choose to take your pay and leave in the 8 weeks following the child’s birth or in the 8 weeks starting from the Sunday of the week the baby was due to be born. You cannot take odd days off work, but the weeks can start on any day, for example, from Tuesday to Monday.
- You should discuss your pay and leave plans with your employer and tell them what time off you want by the qualifying week.
- You must fill in this form and give it to your employer by the qualifying week and before you want to start receiving SPP. Special rules apply if the baby is born prematurely.
- You can change your mind about the dates for pay and leave, but you must give your employer at least 28 days notice of the new dates. If you do change your mind, you and your employer may find it helpful if you fill in a fresh form SC3, ‘Statutory Paternity Pay/paternity leave – birth parents’.
- If you cannot tell your employer what time off you want in time, or the baby is born sooner or later than expected, please discuss the situation with your employer.
If you do not wish to fill the SC3 form online, you can also download printable SC3 form PDF using the direct download link given below and take its printout.Download SC3 Form 2022 PDF from www.pay-right.com using the direct download link given below.