Stations of the Cross 2022 PDF – Overview
The devotion known as The Stations of the Cross or the Way of the Cross is an adaptation to local usage of a custom widely observed by pilgrims to Jerusalem: the offering of prayer at a series of places in that city traditionally associated with our Lord’s passion and death.
The number of stations, which at first varied widely, finally became fixed at fourteen. Of these, eight are based directly on events recorded in the Gospels. The remaining six (numbers 3, 4, 6, 7, 9, and 13) are based on inferences from the Gospel account or from pious legend. Occasionally these six stations may be omitted. The form which follows is appropriate either as a public service or as a private devotion, particularly on the Fridays of Lent, but it does not displace the Proper Liturgy of Good Friday.
Stations of the Cross 2022
- Jesus is condemned to death
- Jesus is laden with the Cross
- Jesus falls for the first time
- Jesus meets his Blessed Mother
- Simon of Cyrene helps Jesus to carry the cross
- Veronica wipes the face of Jesus
- Jesus falls beneath His cross, the second time
- Jesus consoles the women of Jerusalem
- Jesus falls beneath His cross the third time
- Jesus is stripped of His garments
- Jesus is nailed to the cross
- Jesus dies on the cross
- Jesus is taken down from the cross
- Jesus is laid in the Holy Sepulchre
You can download the Stations of the Cross 2022 PDF using the link given below.
Download Stations of the Cross 2022 PDF from OliPDF using the direct download link given below.