STEMI Guidelines 2019 PDF – Overview
STEMI Guidelines 2019 – An ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) is a type of heart attack that mainly affects your heart’s lower chambers. They are named for how they change the appearance of your heart’s electrical activity on a certain type of diagnostic test.
STEMI Guidelines 2019
Here are some information about the STEMI Guidelines
STEMI Guidelines 2019 – Factors you can control
Lifestyle factors are the ones over which you have the most control. These include:
- Tobacco use and smoking.
- Diet, including your intake of sodium (blood pressure), sugar (diabetes) or fat (cholesterol).
- Your level of physical activity.
- Drinking too much alcohol.
- Abusing drugs (especially stimulants like amphetamines, cocaine or any other medications that affect your heart).
STEMI Guidelines 2019 – Factors you don’t control
These factors include:
- Age. Your risk of heart attack goes up as you get older.
- Sex. Men’s heart attack risk starts going up at age 45. Women’s heart attack risk increases at age 50 or after menopause (whichever comes first).
- Family history. If you have a parent or sibling who had a heart attack at your age or younger, your risk goes up significantly. It also includes if you had a father or brother diagnosed with heart disease before age 55 or a mother or sister diagnosed before age 65.
- Genetic or congenital conditions. Certain medical conditions or disorders can increase your risk of a heart attack. If you inherited these conditions (genetic) or were born with them (congenital), these are outside your control.
Table of contents
- Statement Of Intent
- Message From Director General Of Health
- Members Of The Expert Panel
- External Reviewers
- Rationale And Process Of Guideline Development
- Grades Of Evidence
- What’s New In The Current Guidelines
- Key Recommendations
Flow Charts And Tables
- Definition And Pathogenesis
- Pre-Hospital Management
- Stemi Network
- Management In The Emergency Department
- Reperfusion Strategies
- Cardiac Care Unit (Ccu) Management
Download STEMI Guidelines 2019 PDF from www.moh.gov.my using the direct download link given below.