Surah Fajr PDF – Overview
Surah Fajr – Al-Fajr (Arabic: الفجر, “The Dawn”, “Daybreak”) is the eighty-ninth chapter (sura) of the Quran, with 30 ayat or verses. The sura describes destruction of disbelieving peoples: the Ancient Egyptians, the people of Iram of the Pillars, and Mada’in Saleh. It condemns those who love wealth and look with disdain upon the poor and orphans. The Surah is so designated after the word wal-fajr with which it opens.
Surat Al-Fajr is a Meccan sura and meccan suras are chronologically earlier suras that were revealed to Muhammad at Mecca before the hijrah to Medina in 622 CE. They are typically shorter, with relatively short ayat, and mostly come near the end of the Qur’an’s 114 surahs.
Most of the surahs containing muqatta’at are Meccan. Henceforth apart from traditions, this surah qualifies to be Meccan typically. According to Yusuf Ali, Al-Fajr may be placed in the dating period close to Surat Al-Lail and Ad-Dhuha.
Summary of Surah Fajr
- 1-4 Various oaths by natural objects
- 5-13 Unbelievers are warned by the fate of Ád, Thamúd, and Pharaoh
- 14-17 Man praises God in prosperity, but reproaches him in adversity
- 18-22 Oppression of the poor and the orphan denounced
- 23-26 The wicked will vainly regret their evil deeds on the judgment-day
- 27-30 The believing soul invited to the joys of Paradise
Download Surah Fajr PDF from hamariweb.com using the direct download link given below.