The Summer I Turned Pretty PDF - Overview
The Summer I Turned Pretty is a young adult romance novel written by American author Jenny Han, and it is published by Simon & Schuster. It is a trilogy, the series includes The Summer I Turned Pretty (2009), It’s Not Summer Without You (2010), and We’ll Always Have Summer (2011). The novels follow Isabel “Belly” Conklin in the summers she spends at Cousin’s Beach with her mother and older brother, along with her mother’s lifelong best friend and her sons.
The Summer I Turned Pretty is the first of the trilogy, The book series has been a national best seller, with We’ll Always Have Summer, the final installment of the series, having been on The New York Times Best Seller list for over a month. A series based on the first novel in the trilogy is scheduled to premiere on Amazon Prime Video on June 17, 2022.
The Summer I Turned Pretty
Books in the series
- The Summer I Turned Pretty (2009)
- It’s Not Summer Without You (2010)
- We’ll Always Have Summer (2011)
Characters of The Summer I Turned Pretty
- Isabel “Belly” Conklin – The narrator, and protagonist of the series. She is the daughter of Laurel and the younger sister of Steven. She is known to have had a crush on her friend Conrad since she was young.
- Conrad “Con”, “Connie” Fisher – The eldest son of Susannah and Adam Fisher, and older brother of Jeremiah. He is known to push away his loved ones and to keep all his emotions and feelings inside. In the first book, his character is something of a jerk, having spent the summer at the beach getting drunk or locked in his room.
- Jeremiah “Jere” Fisher – At the outset of the series, he is the “golden” boy, the one who appears to be untainted in the eyes of everyone. He is a good friend to Belly and a loving brother to Conrad. He steps aside as Conrad pursues Belly, even when he came to realize his own feelings for her.
- Susannah “Beck” Fisher – The rock that everyone seems to cling to. Even in death, her calming force is referenced and used by all as they navigate the different situations in their lives. She dies of cancer between books one and two, but is heavily remembered by her family and friends throughout the course of the series.
- Mr. Fisher – A man who is known to have his way no matter what it costs or who it hurts. He is Susannah’s husband and the father of Conrad and Jeremiah. After Susannah dies, he turns to whiskey. He drives Conrad away after Conrad saw how badly he began treating Susannah, such as cheating on her and running away when she got cancer.
- Taylor Jewel – Belly’s best friend despite being her polar opposite. Unlike Belly, she is boy crazy and shallow, though by We’ll Always Have Summer, she grows up and has something wise to say for once. In the first book of the series, as seen in flashbacks.
- Laurel Dunne – Belly and Steven’s mother as well as Susannah’s best friend. She is rigid and desperate to have the relationship with Belly that her daughter had with Susannah. She seems to always make the wrong choices as far as Belly is concerned, but her desire to be close to her daughter is prevalent and admirable.
- Steven Conklin – Belly’s older brother, a good friend and supportive brother. Though we see little of him, his truthfulness is a springboard for Belly to make difficult but wise decisions. He appears throughout Belly’s flashbacks, making fun of her and teasing her endlessly, but despite such teasing, he is shown to have a protective side.
- Cam – He only appears in The Summer I Turned Pretty as a summer fling of Belly’s. It is said that he had a crush on Belly throughout grade school but never had the courage to approach her.
From here you can download the 2nd and 3rd part of this trilogy
|It’s Not Summer Without You||Download|
|We’ll Always Have Summer||Download|