US Infrastructure Bill 2021 PDF – Overview
$1 trillion infrastructure bill to rebuild the US’s deteriorating roads and bridges and fund new climate resilience and broadband initiatives, delivering a key component of President Biden’s agenda has been approved on 10th August 2021.
Infrastructure Bill 2021 – Highlights
- One trillion dollar package passed: The Senate passed a sweeping bipartisan infrastructure package on Aug. 10, capping weeks of intense negotiations and debate over the largest federal investment in the nation’s aging public works system in more than a decade.
- The final vote: The final tally in the Senate was 69 in favor to 30 against. The legislation, which still must pass the House, would touch nearly every facet of the American economy and fortify the nation’s response to the warming of the planet.
- Main areas of spending: Overall, the bipartisan plan focuses spending on transportation, utilities and pollution cleanup.
- Transportation: About $110 billion would go to roads, bridges and other transportation projects; $25 billion for airports; and $66 billion for railways, giving Amtrak the most funding it has received since it was founded in 1971.
- Utilities: Senators have also included $65 billion meant to connect hard-to-reach rural communities to high-speed internet and help sign up low-income city dwellers who cannot afford it, and $8 billion for Western water infrastructure.
- Pollution cleanup: Roughly $21 billion would go to cleaning up abandoned wells and mines, and Superfund sites.
Download US Infrastructure Bill 2021 PDF from www.cbo.gov using the direct download link given below.