Van Richten’s Guide To Ravenloft PDF - Overview
Van Richten’s Guide To Ravenloft – It is a adventure guide for using the Ravenloft setting in the 5th edition. The book includes an overview of 39 Domains of Dread and a 20-page adventure called The House of Lament. The book’s marginalia is presented as correspondence between the vampire hunter Rudolph Van Richten, “D&D’s Van Helsing equivalent”, and “other heroes in Ravenloft like Ezmerelda d’Avenir and the Weathermay-Foxgrove Twins”.
The Dungeon Master section includes an overview of safety tools for running an horror themed game such as “things like the X-Card, trigger warnings, boundaries, and establishing clear lines of communication. It also includes detailed advice on running a horror themed campaign and a breakdown of the various types of horror in the genre.
Van Richten’s Guide To Ravenloft
The book expands on game elements for the 5th edition, such as:
Two new sub-classes; the College of Spirits for bards and the Undead pact for warlocks
- New character lineages (the dhampir, the hexblood, and the reborn) and new character backgrounds “themed specifically for a horror setting”
- The Dark Gift mechanic; a mechanic that provides a role-playing tie “to the Domains of Dread by bestowing benefits that may have a deadly cost”
- A horror themed monster bestiary
- Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft was published on May 18, 2021 and features cover art by Anna Podedworna.
Van Richten’s Guide To Ravenloft Contents –
- Ch. 1: Character Creation
- Ch. 2: Creating Domains of Dread
- Ch. 3: Domains of Ravenloft
- Ch. 4: Horror Adventures
- Ch. 5: Monsters of Ravenloft
- Appendix: Spirit Board
Spirit Board: Download the Spirit Board PDF, available for use in your own Van Richten’s Guide to Ravenloft campaigns!