No Fear Shakespeare Hamlet PDF - Overview
No Fear Shakespeare Hamlet is a tragedy written by William Shakespeare sometime between 1599 and 1601. It is Shakespeare’s longest play, with 29,551 words. Set in Denmark, the play depicts Prince Hamlet and his revenge against his uncle, Claudius, who has murdered Hamlet’s father in order to seize his throne and marry Hamlet’s mother.
The story of Shakespeare’s Hamlet was derived from the legend of Amleth, preserved by 13th-century chronicler Saxo Grammaticus in his Gesta Danorum, as subsequently retold by the 16th-century scholar François de Belleforest. Shakespeare may also have drawn on an earlier Elizabethan play known today as the Ur-Hamlet, though some scholars believe Shakespeare wrote the Ur-Hamlet, later revising it to create the version of Hamlet that exists today.
He almost certainly wrote his version of the title role for his fellow actor, Richard Burbage, the leading tragedian of Shakespeare’s time. In the 400 years since its inception, the role has been performed by numerous highly acclaimed actors in each successive century.
No Fear Shakespeare Hamlet
Characters in No Fear Shakespeare Hamlet
- Hamlet – son of the late king and nephew of the present king, Claudius
- Claudius – king of Denmark, Hamlet’s uncle and brother to the former king
- Gertrude – queen of Denmark and Hamlet’s mother
- Polonius – chief counsellor to the king
- Ophelia – Polonius’s daughter
- Horatio – friend of Hamlet
- Laertes – Polonius’s son
- Voltimand and Cornelius – courtiers
- Rosencrantz and Guildenstern – courtiers, friends of Hamlet
- Osric – a courtier
- Marcellus – an officer
- Barnardo – an officer
- Francisco – a soldier
- Reynaldo – Polonius’s servant
- Ghost – the ghost of Hamlet’s father
- Fortinbras – prince of Norway
- Gravediggers – a pair of sextons
- Player King, Player Queen, Lucianus, etc. – players
No Fear Shakespeare Hamlet has five Act in this play.Download No Fear Shakespeare Hamlet PDF from using the direct download link given below.