SC2 Form PDF - Overview
Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) is money paid by employers to employees who are away from work because they are sick. This Form is applicable when you have been sick for four days or more in a row.
You have to fill in the right information about Yourself in the required spaces without making any errors.
- Give your completed form to your employer. It will help them decide if you can get SSP
- Keep a copy for your own information.
If you can get SSP, your employer will pay you in the same way they usually pay your wages. If you cannot get SSP, your employer will give you a form SSP1 to tell you why. You can use form SSP1 to claim Employment and Support Allowance.
If you disagree with your employer’s decision, you can ask HM Revenue & Customs for a decision about your entitlement phone our Disputes Team on 0191 225 5221.
Other help while you are sick
- If you do not have much money coming in while you are sick, you may be able to get Income Support. Income Support is a Social Security benefit for people who do not have enough money to live on. You can find out more about Income Support from any Jobcentre Plus office.
- If you do not have your own textphone system, they are available to use at the Citizen’s Advice Bureau and main libraries.
- Working Tax Credit (WTC) helps people with an illness or disability to return to, or take up, work by topping up earnings. It is a tax credit for people on low to middle incomes who are working 16 hours or more a week and who have an illness or disability which puts them at a disadvantage in getting a job.
Fill SC2 Form Online – Procedure
This form is designed to be filled in on-screen. You must answer all the questions except those marked ‘optional’. You can’t save the form, but once you’ve completed it you’ll be able to print a copy and post it.
They may charge penalties where a person, either fraudulently or negligently, gives incorrect information or makes a false statement or declaration for the purpose of claiming entitlement to Statutory Sick Pay.