The Maze Runner PDF – Overview
The Maze Runner is a 2009 young adult dystopian science fiction novel written by American author James Dashner and the first book released in series. The The Maze Runner novel was published on October 6, 2009, by Delacorte Press, an imprint of Random House, and was made into a 2014 major motion picture by 20th Century Fox, directed by Wes Ball. Thomas wakes up in a metal elevator that brings him to the Glade. He has no memory of who he is or how he got there, except for his name.
Development of The Maze Runner, his publisher wanted him to write another book, but he decided he would try for a national book market instead. In November of that year he had an idea when going to be “about a bunch of teenagers living inside an unsolvable Maze full of hideous creatures, in the future, in a dark, dystopian world. It would be an experiment, to study their minds. Terrible things would be done to them – awful things; completely hopeless – until the victims turn everything on its head.” The The Maze Runner book was later published in 2008.
The Maze Runner
Characters in the The Maze Runner
- Thomas – The main protagonist of the novel. He is the last boy but not the last person to enter the Glade. The only thing he can remember when he comes into the Glade is his name, a common pattern amongst the Gladers.
- Teresa – One of the main protagonists. The first girl and last person to enter the Glade. When she entered the Glade she was in a coma and Newt thought she was dead. She also calls Thomas “Tom”. She has a telepathic connection with Thomas.
- Alby – The eldest and the leader of the Gladers. He is described as a ‘dark-skinned boy with short-cropped hair, his face clean-shaven’. He tries to keep order within the group by having all the boys follow the rules they’ve set down to survive.
- Newt – One of the main protagonists and is good friends with Thomas and Minho. He used to be a Runner but is no longer able-footed since he threw himself off the maze wall in an attempted suicide.
- Minho – One of the main protagonists and is the Keeper of the Runners. He is in charge of navigating and mapping out the Maze. As a Runner, he is in very good shape and is described as “an Asian kid with strong, heavily-muscled arms and short black hair.
- Chuck – A young and chubby boy with curly hair who was the newest Glader until Thomas arrived. He immediately becomes friends with Thomas and acts like a little brother towards him.
- Gally – The main antagonist, Gally is a Glader who lives by the rules Alby put in place. He does not trust Thomas and shows an immense dislike for him. He is also the Keeper of the Builders.
- Ben – A Builder. After undergoing the Changing and attempting to kill Thomas, he is banished to the Maze while still psychotic and dies overnight.
- Ava Paige – The Chancellor of WICKED and the person responsible for sending teenagers into the Maze. She appears in the Epilogue in an e-mail.
- Grievers – Biomechanical creatures that haunt and kill the Gladers in the maze. In “The Ending” they are let free into the Glade to kill one person every day.
Download The Maze Runner PDF from books-library.net using the direct download link given below.